Tuesday, September 06, 2005

God Given Compassion


"But You, O Lord, are a God full of compassion, and gracious, Longsuffering and abundant in mercy and truth"

~Psalm 86:15

It is funny how God never fails to answer a prayer. I've told myself to be careful what I pray for.

The last few weeks I have had the desire to serve. To allow God to show me how and when. To notice the girl who needs talking to or to take better care of a sick roommate :) I never thought my simple prayer would lead me to the place I was tonight. A place that has left me numb emotionally. Never did I think I would be looking into the eyes of a woman who has lost everything she owns. Into the eyes of a little girl who tells me she almost drowned as she colors a picture for me.... that I would stand with a pen and paper in my hand as hundreds of hurricane survivors walked into the building to register at the camp they would be living at. Why does God put me in such a safe place when others hurt so badly? How do people loose their entire family and go on with life? How do people judge the sufferings of others? How do I? How do people not fall on there face before our precious Jesus who has spared us? Why don't people run to Him when they can't make it on their own? Why do I not listen to my own words?

My prayer is still the same. Except this time, I would like to ask for "God given compassion." Anyone can be compassionate, but what about compassion that never dies? What about the fruit of the spirit that knows no end? I pray that the love of Jesus will shine through my eyes and warm each hug I give. That Jesus can be the one who wipes away the tears. Dear God help these people...help the hurting world. Why does it take this to make me understand that people are hurting and dieing all around the world--- without YOU? Let me serve the Lord and have such a burden upon my heart that I will never say "there is no one to serve, no where to go, nothing for me to do....." Let me be serving one moment and in heaven the next.

1 comment:

HIS anna said...

Dear Jeran,

I couldn't help but find tears in my eyes as I became up to date with your blogs and the speakings of your heart. You amaze me, Jeran. The depth of your heart is breathtaking as it longs and seeks and holds to your God, your Jesus. I love this and I love you. Keep writing - HE has gifted you with expression.

Love, Annie